Sunday, August 3, 2008

The QUICKEST EVER Fudge Frosting

Tonight I was making a recipe acquired at my most recent class (the recipe club class. . . what fun!) The recipe calls for a can of fudge frosting, but I have to tell you that I absolutely can not stand store bought frosting. That type of frosting along with a few other things just taste fake and not at all like food to me. I decided I could just make some so I did a quick online search for fudge frosting and low and behold there were several. . . mostly the same variety. I have a secret cake recipe for the Most Incredible, BEST EVER, Chocolate, Chocolate Overload Cake (just ask those I've made it for and they will quickly concur) and for that recipe I make the following Quickest Ever Fudge Frosting. I figured since I was looking, someone else out there might be too!

Here goes:

Chocolate Chips (I prefer Toll House Semi-Sweet or Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet)
Butter (no substitute)
Cream, half and half or Milk (whatever you have)

Melt butter in a saucepan. I stick should do a cake. Add chocolate chips. . . I just pour them in. . . probably about 3-4 cups, add a splash of cream (I usually have half and half on hand) and stir. . . That's it.

Now isn't that the easiest fudge frosting recipe you've ever heard of???!!??

If you watch carefully, my secret Chocolate Cake recipe may just appear on this blog sometime before April of next year when this year's recipe club is over!

P.S. I also found this. . . The Chocolate Blog! Wish I'd have thought of it!

Have a fudge filled day!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

Lois Michael said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I am going to have to get together with you to give you your bday present since you were in California on your birthday. Good thing Jenn knew, she saved me a trip out to your place. I was going to surprise you but I got the surprise instead...LOL. Hope your day was HAPPY!

Sue C said...

Happy late b-day, sounds like a yummy treat, and I've nominated you for an award - check my blog for deets...

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your chocolate cake recipe....please DO share!!!
Jeannine