Wednesday, November 21, 2007

'Twas The Night Before Turkey

And my turkey's are at it again! Today we were shopping for one last Christmas dress so we can get our family photos for the year (well, maybe 3 years) and in time for our Christmas cards! Mikensee is at an age where she's not a little girl, but not a junior and dresses are hard to come by! Needless to say we found ourselves in stores 2 days before Black Friday and all adorned for the holidays. The twins were mesmerized by all the darling baby apparel and were not content with the fact that these adorable Santa suits, in miniature, complete with fur collars were not sized for them! Everywhere we went and everywhere we looked there were Santa red and elf green outfits in every size, but 5T. I guess that by that size clothing manufacturers assume a maturity above this desire, but they don't know W & W. The conversation went something like this:

"Momma, I want one Merry Christmas, ho,ho, ho."
"Please Momma, please? I used manners."
"Sorry guys, those are for babies and you are big boys."
"Momma, we're not big, we're small. See?!!??"
"I'm little. Just this one, momma, it's pretty, see, Merry Christmas, momma, momma. I'm little."
"These are made for babies, guys. Sorry. . . oh! Look here! Do you like this?"

At this point I spy a clearance rack and on it are some fairly bright, Christmas looking PJ's. Wyatt and Walker are beside themselves! No 5T's, but as soon as I have one remotely close (4T) they are off to the dressing room where they strip and try on the festive apparel. Needless to say, this is what we bought! At $9 they were a quasi bargain. . . Still, I get sucked into the darndest purchases! I don't think a mommy out there could say no to these little turkeys!!!



1 comment:

Kari said...

Totally love your shopping story ... makes it so hard when they have their minds set on something, doesn't it?!