Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Dear Secret Santa,


For the past 5 days my family has been on the receiving end of a Secret Santa's giving. We have received a Gingerbread Train Kit (the first night), little wooden toys, some tiny ornaments in tubes that looked so yummy and are now proudly displayed on my mini trees, cereal bowls with cereal bars for my kids (which saved me from having to make breafast this morning) and some cute ornament tins with tootsie rolls in them. It really hasn't been about the gifts for me (although my kids are unashamedly thrilled), but about the thought and care and just plain old amazement that I have for someone to be so thoughtful and kind to me. It is really easy for me to give and serve and I really love doing both, I'm just not often the one served. It's been really good for me to feel how I feel and see it from this end so that I know when I do a little something here or there that the person on the other end does care and does find joy in receiving. So, if my secret Santa is reading, just know that I really needed you and that we are having a ball! I don't know how you are doing it either because starting at about 6PM my kids check the door constantly, but every night it's been like a little miracle. We shut the door and they open it again only to find that you've arrived! I will admit that at first I thought it was a one time deal, but after the 2nd night, my kids just knew it wasn't a coincidence. We don't want to catch you, but hope you are having as much fun giving as we are receiving!

Lots of Love, Rachele and the Funky Five

P.S. Here is our Saturday Morning Art Project. Didn't it turn out great??!!??


2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love this gingerbread train AND the idea that you have a Secret Santa adding to the excitement.

Merry Christmas!!

Kari said...

What a wonderful story!! We've been doing Secret Santa on Monday nights but haven't been out to your neck of the woods ... and our folks are just getting a Jiffy Pop :)