Sunday, December 16, 2007

On the 6th Day Of Christmas

Coaster and Chipboard Christmas Wreath


This is one of the FIRST projects I wanted to do when I decided to do this 12 Days of Christmas Gifts and Goodies. So it's only day 6 and it's finally real! I'm really happy with how this turned out and hope you enjoy it too!

Okay, so this is what you need (my photo of this stinks, so you just get this list!)

1. Coasters (from Just4FunCrafts) Click here This is one of the Design Teams I'm on, and Jen rocks, so give her some love! (I used 3.5 and 4" sizes)
2. Coordinating Paper Pack. I used Blitzen from Basic Grey
3. Rub-Ons and Embellishments, mine are from Just4FunCrafts.
4. Adhesive - I used Scotch Quick Dry Tacky from J4F
5. Chipboard Circles in varying sizes. Both of mine are from CTMH Basic Shapes which you can get on my site here
6. Scissors, Ruler, Paper Trimmer, Sanding Block and Optional Ink for the edges

1st decide on the size of wreath you want. Mine is 16" high. Draw a circle template on a scratch pad for your guide. I used a large platter for mine.



2nd Like on the jiffy pop tutorial you will want to cut squares of paper to cover the circles. Trim off the excess and sand the rough edges. Ink the edges if desired. A 4" circle coaster needs a 4" square of paper.


3rd Starting with your largest circles, lie them on your circle drawing and adhere your second largest circles to them, continue layering until you reach the top. Embellish as desired. For added stability I cut scrap chipboard and glued rectangles to attach the largest circles together with a bridge!


2 comments:

scrappernic said...

I LOVE this wreath1 WHat a fun idea! You did a great jobs. I'm loving your other projects too, but I think this one is my favorite :)

Kari said...

Love it, love it, *LOVE* it!!!!! You continue to amaze me :)