Friday, December 14, 2007

On the 4th Day of Christmas

Jiffy Pop Door Hanger/Mock Ornament Gift Thingy


Okay, so I don't have an official title. It is a thingy and it is made with Jiffy Pop, so can I leave it at that? A few years back I hunted high and low for these to make for Halloween gifts. They cost me like $2.25 each! I found these at the $1 Spot at Target the same day I found the baby socks (from my snow babies.) Anyway, I knew they would make adorable "mock" ornaments for Christmas gifts! I suppose you could hang it on your tree given its sturdy enough! So here's the 411 as my 10 year old would say!

1. You need this:



2. You must lift the rim and remove the ring.

3. Make a circle to cover and fit in the popcorn. I leave the original packaging intact so that one could actually use the popcorn. You could use the label as your template if you prefer to skip this step, but unless your receiver is at least 35 years old, they probably don't even know what Jiffy Pop is, let alone how to use it! LOL!!!


4. Cover the circle with adornments of your choice, adhere to your circle template. I keep them rectangular for simplicity. Turn it over and trim to fit your circle template.



5. Finish with your final embelishments and there you have it!



I hope you've enjoyed today's tutorial. If you are enjoying my 12 Days of Christmas, can you post a comment or two? Just like to know if I'm making you happy!

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Rachele,

I have subscribed to your blog via Google Reader and have REALLY been enjoying your posts. I have marked as favorites a few of them, like the tootsie roll wreath one and now this jiffy pop one. I've had some I picked up from the Dollar Spot and needed some inspiration. You have given me that!

Thanks for sharing your time and creativity! I for one really enjoy your blog!

Jennifer Dove said...

As always your creations are so darn tootin cute...thanks for taking the time out of your busy life to share!

Jenn

Kari said...

I made some Jiffy Pop covers as Secret Santa gifts this week!!! I designed a digital topper for them and they turned out so cute :) Your ideas are amazing ... I've had so much on my plate and have had sick kiddos on top of that - tis the season, right?! BTW - I know Jeanne (your first post here) from my Jessica Sprague classes!!! She just posted on our MB last week about the Google Reader!! Small world, huh?!

Kisha said...

Rachele I check your blog everyday! Well not EVERY day - didn't yesterday, or Friday... but most days - and then catch up but I love your ideas! Some i already know about - like Sour Cream containers and the Jiffy pop but I love your wreath and of course the snowbabies! Thanks for sharing such great talent!

Kisha

Heather Grow said...

Fabulous idea. Love it! This is a great idea for any time of the year.